News headline from the Riverside Police Department:
A DUI/driver’s license checkpoint was held in Riverside on Friday, July 5, 2013 (between the hours of 8:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m.), as part of Riverside’s commitment to public safety.
The location of Friday’s checkpoint was on La Sierra Avenue at Spaulding Drive. The goal of the DUI checkpoint was to remove unlicensed or impaired drivers from roadways and to increase public awareness of the dangers of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
* 1025 vehicles passed through the checkpoint
* 1025 drivers were contacted with 81 being screened
* 3 DUI-Alcohol suspects were arrested
* 0 DUI-Drug Impaired suspects were arrested
* 1 felony Arson warrant arrest
* 1 arrest for possession and transportation of Heroin
* 48 citations were issued
* 24 vehicles were impounded
* 46 unlicensed and suspended drivers were sent to court.
Filed under Uncategorized
Saturday, July 6, 2013
Not working? Click here!