Announcement from the City of Riverside:
Enrollment is open for Riverside’s 2012 Neighborhood Leadership Academy.
Are you an up and coming leader? Know someone who is? Want to get involved in your community? Riverside is looking for emerging leaders to participate in the Neighborhood Leadership Academy, a free five week program scheduled to start on October 4th from 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. every Thursday until November 1st.
The program will be held at the Arlington Library, located at 9556 Magnolia Avenue, south of Van Buren Boulevard.
The academy provides the knowledge and tools it takes to organize their neighborhood by:
- Developing potential neighborhood leaders in the community
- Increasing the formation of networks among neighborhood leaders
- Enhancing the ability of neighborhood to resolve problems on their own or in cooperation with other neighborhoods and/or institutions
- Teaching residents how to effectively and efficiently run community meetings, build support and consensus around neighborhood issues and various options that can be taken to achieve neighborhood goals
- Connecting residents to community resources by providing information on how to stay engaged in the community
The application deadline is September 14th.
For more information and to register online, click HERE or visit the website at www.riversideca.gov/neighborhoods/neighborhoods-leadership/asp. Or contact Hilda Gonzalez at 951-826-2390.
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Not working? Click here!