News headline from the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department:
The Palm Desert Police Department completed a DUI/driver’s license checkpoint on Friday, June 8th, from 8:00 p.m. through 3:00 a.m. on Fred Waring Drive, west of Deep Canyon, in Palm Desert.
The primary goal of the checkpoint was to screen for those driving while intoxicated as well as unlicensed or suspended drivers.
The checkpoint results are:
- 571 vehicles passed through the checkpoint and screened
- 11 field sobriety tests for DUI of alcohol were administered
- 1 driver arrested for DUI of alcohol or drugs
- 1 arrest for narcotics violation
- 2 arrests for active warrants for their arrests
- 8 arrests for unlicensed/suspended drivers
- 5 vehicles impounded
Filed under Headline
Monday, June 11, 2012
Not working? Click here!