News headline from the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department:
The Moreno Valley Police Department completed a DUI/driver’s license checkpoint on Friday, June 8th, from 8:30 p.m. until 2:30 a.m. at Cactus Avenue and Joy Street.
The primary goals of checkpoints are to screen for DUI drivers as well as unlicensed and suspended drivers.
The checkpoint results are:
- 2,441 vehicles passed through the checkpoint
- 7 DUI arrests (5 for alcohol, 2 for drugs)
- 13 field sobriety tests for DUI of alcohol
- 3 field sobriety tests for DUI of drugs
- 17 citations were issued for unlicensed drivers
- 10 citations were issued for suspended driver’s license
- 16 Vehicles towed
- 1 Felony Drug Arrest
During the checkpoint hours, motor officers were in the vicinity contacting the public for vehicle code violations. Out of those contacts, six vehicles were towed for the drivers not having a valid license, 6 DUI arrests were made and 28 citations were issued. These numbers are included in the overall operation results listed above
Filed under Headline
Monday, June 11, 2012
Not working? Click here!