News headline from the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department:
The Lake Elsinore Police Department conducted a DUI/Drivers License Checkpoint on Saturday, June 16th, as part of the city’s commitment to public safety. This checkpoint was one of many that have been or will be conducted throughout the year in the city. The checkpoint was located on Riverside Drive in Lake Elsinore.
The goal of the DUI Checkpoint was to remove impaired and suspended drivers from the roadway and raise public awareness of the dangers of driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
The following individuals were arrested for driving under the influence:
- Edward Mayse, 37, of Oceanside - alcohol DUI
- Beth Fujino, 51, Mission Viejo - alcohol DUI
- Dale Walkenpaa, 29, of Chino - alcohol DUI
- Pack Oneal, 54, of Corona - alcohol DUI and possession of methamphetamine
- Britton Stonebreaker, 52, of Lake Elsinore - alcohol DUI
- Lois Cardenas, 19, of Santa Ana - marijuana DUI
The overall checkpoint results are:
- 1,333 vehicles passed through the checkpoint.
- 66 vehicles diverted to secondary screening.
- 15 people given field sobriety tests.
- 6 DUI suspects arrested.
- 17 vehicles stored or impounded for 30 days.
- 27 unlicensed and suspended drivers sent to Court.
- 8 drivers with licenses suspended for previous DUI convictions arrested and the vehicles of all 8 drivers were impounded.
Filed under Headline
Monday, June 18, 2012
Not working? Click here!