The actual 4th of July holiday is on Wednesday this year, but some cities in the area can’t wait until then and will celebrate early. Here’s what’s going on around the Inland Empire:
Saturday, June 30th
- Herada Park, Mira Loma
- Wheatfield Sports Park, Menifee
- Yucaipa Independence Day Weekend Celebration - from June 30th through July 4th at Yucaipa High School, carnival, music, free movie screening of Brother Bear on July 3rd, and fireworks
Tuesday, July 3rd
- Elsinore Storm, Lake Elsinore - fireworks to follow the baseball game
- Jurupa Valley High School, Mira Loma - music, food, and games followed by fireworks at 9:00 p.m.
- Riverside National Cemetery, Riverside - free Concert for Heroes tribute to veterans with performances by Riverside County Philharmonic and All-American Boys Choir starting at 6:20 p.m., followed by fireworks. Free. Click HERE for more information.
Wednesday, July 4th
- Civic Center Park, Palm Desert
- Evergreen Memorial Historical Cemetery, Riverside - Founders’ Day Front Row Fireworks event with a prime view of the Mt. Rubidoux fireworks show; admission $5/adults and $2 kids ages 3-11, bring your own picnic or buy food there, proceeds benefit Evergreen Memorial Cemetery, Riverside’s oldest cemetery since 1872. Click HERE for more information.
- La Quinta Community Park, La Quinta
- La Sierra Park, Riverside
- Lake Elsinore - off the levee, after the patriotic boat parade of lights
- Marina River Resort, Big Bear Lake
- Mountain View Middle School, Moreno Valley - parade at 9:30 a.m. from Alessandro Boulevard and Frederick Street to Towngate Plaza; followed by a family fun fest from 2:00 until 9:00 p.m. and fireworks starting at 9:00 p.m.
- Mt. Rubidoux, Riverside -starting at 9:00 p.m., fireworks show synchronized with music broadcast on KOLA 99.9 radio
- Palm Springs Stadium, Palm Springs
- Perris Auto Speedway, Lake Perris - free admission for residents of Perris (proof required)
- Ronald Reagan Sports Park, Temecula - parade at 10:00 a.m. through Old Town, followed by family fun fair from 2:00 until 10:00 p.m.
- Santana Park, Corona
- Soboba Casino, San Jacinto
- Stewart Park, Beaumont
- Sylvan Park, Redlands - parade at 10:30 a.m. at Franklin School on Colton Avenue, gates open at 6:00 p.m. at University of Redlands for flag ceremony, C-17 flyover, and skydivers, followed by concert and fireworks at 9:00 p.m.
- Valley-wide Parks and Recreation, San Jacinto - “Salute to Our Military” parade at 9:00 a.m. at San Jacinto Unified School District headquarters, followed by vendors, food, crafts at Valley-wide Recreation and Park District office on 901 W. Esplanade Avenue, and fireworks at 9:00 p.m.
- Yucapia Animal Placement Society - fundraiser barbeque at 6:30 p.m. catered by Kopper Kettle Kafe, followed by fireworks show from Yucaipa High School, space is limited, call 909-790-1440 or email to email@example.com
Click HERE for more information.
Filed under Entertainment
Friday, June 29, 2012
Not working? Click here!