News headline from the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department:
On May 30th, the Lake Elsinore Sheriff’s Station in conjunction with Lake Elsinore Police, the Riverside County District Attorney’s Office, Riverside County Probation, State Parole, U.S. Marshal’s Service and Riverside County Code Enforcement, conducted approximately 180 compliance checks on registered sex offenders.
The operation was conducted in the city and county area of Lake Elsinore. The checks were to confirm the location of the sex offenders and to ensure they were following the rules set forth by the court. All offenders contacted were determined to be in compliance.
During the compliance checks though, five arrests of non-sex offenders were made for other charges:
- Crystal Murray, 35, of Perris, arrested on drug charges.
- Kerry Scott, 32, of Lake Perris, arrested on drug charges.
- Jason Schmitt, 35, of Lake Elsinore, arrested on a parole violation.
- Jack Tillema, 50, of Lake Elsinore, arrested on a parole violation.
- Thomas Wheat, 42, of Lake Elsinore, arrested on an outstanding warrant.
All five were booked at the Southwest Detention Center.
The Riverside County Sheriff’s Department conducts routine compliance checks on all registered sex offenders within the county. Citizens may keep up to date on local sex offenders by using tools such as the Megan’s Law web site www.meganslaw.ca.gov, and to report any suspicious activity.
Filed under Headline
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Not working? Click here!