The following news update has been provided by the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department:
The Coachella Police Department’s Community Action Team along with the Southern Coachella Valley District Team, Palm Desert Set Team and California State Parole out of Indio conducted a parole compliance check on eastern valley parolees. These combined teams arrested twelve parolees for various criminal charges and parole violations. This compliance check was the result of the past violence in the eastern area of the Coachella Valley.
The following persons were arrested during the compliance check:
1) Marcos Perez, 37, of Coachella; possession of marijuana and parole violation.
2) Richard Carmona, 46, of Coachella; parole violation.
3) Richard Carrasco, 30, of Bermuda Dunes; parole violation.
4) Byron Altamirano, 31, of Thermal; possession of marijuana/possession of drug paraphernalia and parole violation.
5) Ernesto Avila, 25, of Coachella; possession of marijuana and parole violation.
6) Julian Najar, 26, of Indio; parole violation.
7) Fred Orosco, 44, of Indio; possession of marijuana and parole violation.
8) Alexander Juarez, 19, of Indio; parole at large warrant.
9) Christian Slocum, 32, of Indio; misdemeanor traffic warrant.
10) Jimmy Placentia, 27, of Indio Hills; misdemeanor disturbing the peace warrant.
11) Steven Morgan, 27, of Yucca Valley; misdemeanor traffic warrant.
12) Carlos Juarez, 32, of Mecca; public intoxication warrant.
The Coachella Police Department’s Community Action Team and all the teams that assisted in the compliance check are working hard at curtailing violence and they all ask their community to assist them in their effort to combat violence. If anyone has information about any past violent incident, please call Crime Stopper at 341-STOP.
Filed under Uncategorized
Friday, April 4, 2008
Not working? Click here!